Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Few Questions about the Business of Church

My college degree is in accounting. My master's degree from seminary is in church administration and communication. I have done additional post-graduate work in church business administration; I am a certified Fellow in Church Business Administration. I have been a member of the National Association of Church Business Administration since 1992. I just returned from that group's annual meeting in Long Beach, and I have a few questions:

  • Why is one of the largest gatherings of church administration types getting grayer?
  • Where are the administrators of non-denominational churches?
  • Do these administrators network in any fashion?
  • What is the value of peers coming together, digitally or in person, to support one another?
  • Is a new model of "church administrator" coming into being?
  • Isn't the operation of whatever you call "church" becoming more complex? How do you manage it, then?

Just thinking...

1 comment:

g-force said...

Definitely food for thought. Is it that we don't have any "Joshua"s to train?
-Genise