Monday, February 23, 2009

Thanks, Dad

It's been a really hectic time since I got back from Church Solutions Expo. My father-in-law has been in the hospital since 2/16, and I flew in to Charlotte late Friday and Anita flew out early Saturday to be with him in Tennessee. He was moved into ICU Sunday, so she stayed over a couple of extra days and is coming back Tuesday. I'm posting updates on Face Book if you're interested.

Today was a long day, with travel first to Winston Salem, then back to Huntersville, then down to Wingate. A long day with lots of "stuff" happening, but it ended on a very positive note from one of the team I was meeting with at the church.

After over 2 1/2 hours of discussion, a remark was made something like this:

Your company's information on the website and print say a lot, but your talk here tonight says the most. You may not realize it, but you've mentioned the influence of your father at least four times tonight, all in very positive ways. That speaks to your character and integrity, and that comes from a relationship that can't be taught, but can be caught. That's the kind of person we want to work with.

I was a little taken aback by the comment, but was very flattered. I did not realize that I was referencing my Dad that much, but evidently I was, and it was noticed.

Thanks, Dad, for modeling for me all the right things to do and say - even when I don't realize I'm doing and saying them!

No comments: