Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Reinstalling (Spiritual) Software

Since returning from my week long Phoenix trip, my laptop has not been happy. I attribute it to the sunny weather out there; it simply didn't want to return to the chilly NC Piedmont. In any case, it's had a few issues the past several days. I have had to reinstall several software programs in order to get it operating like it was designed.

In a similar vein, I wonder about my spiritual software - the operating system of my beliefs, if you will. Church consultations of the past few months, individuals I have spoken with, and authors I have been reading all seem to be challenging me on my spiritual status quo.

Which leads me to this thought: How often do we check in with our Programmer to see if we are operating the way He designed us?

No comments: