Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Communication is Powerful

The lack of communication is very powerful, too.

I'm in the midst of day-long meetings at my company where decisions are being made, prior decisions being made public, and future decisions are coming. Part of the day has included a very frank discussion with a business partner in which the current relationship has been strained, and future work was very much in doubt. I'm heading into a meeting where significant decisions for me personally and our company are under consideration.

The common denominator in all of these is communication.

Some things should have been said, and weren't. Other things were said, and shouldn't have been. Still more things need to be said, and how they are said is just as important as what is said.

How we communicate is powerful - and we can never stop learning about communicating. I've gotten a refresher course today, and there is still much more to come.

No comments: