Attract Rising Stars – Ultimately, the best leaders focus on developing everyone's leadership skills. However, they also recognizes the limits of their time and energy resources. A good place to begin your efforts to multiply yourself is by attracting the rising stars - those with raw talent and the desire to turn it into real results. Identify those who have attracted your attention as “rising stars” by using questions like these:
- - Who has already demonstrated a desire to grow?
- Who typically steps up and tries to lead?
- Who has directly indicated an aspiration to improve their leadership capacity?
- Identify those who rate at the the highest end of this scale. Focus your first efforts on them, then expand your rising star search into other areas within your organization.
- Focus on attracting those with potential as opposed to only focusing on those with experience. Use a personal touch in talking with them about becoming a leader.
Skillful leaders apply their developmental effort where it can do the most good in the fastest manner possible.
Have you been doing any "star gazing" lately?