Oftentimes, a single phrase, sentence, or photo will form the genesis of a blog post, magazine article, or presentation for a client. Take the illustration from yesterday's post: a Swiss Army Knife combined with a 2 GB flash drive.
When I saw this item in a magazine, my first thought was - this is really cool! Then, in a stream of consciousness, the following thoughts occurred:
- The use of a Swiss Army knife (scissors) in the recent Pink Panther movies
- The time when my youngest son cut the tip of his thumb nearly off with a Swiss Army knife (that he "borrowed" from his older brother)
- Dealing with that crisis while simultaneously dealing with my daughter's broken wrist, which happened 5 minutes before
- Trying to explain both of these to the ER personnel while avoiding being reported to Family Services
- The ubiquitous Swiss Army brand and how it is used (my brief case, for example)
- How did the Swiss Army brand originate?
- Do we have Swiss Army items in the church?
- Can you take this item through TSA at the airport?
Which puts it in the category of a meatball sundae. Which is for tomorrow's post.