- 1948: In-N-Out Burger opens in Baldwin Park, CA, and the fast food drive-thru is born.
- 1953: Roller-skating carhops become a signature at the first Sonic dive-in.
- 1953: The First Christian Church of Daytona Beach converts a drive-in theater into the first drive-in church.
- 1975: McDonald's opens its first drive-thru in AZ.
- 1989: Chicago's Gatling's Funeral Home introduces a drive-thru viewing option.
- 2004: McDonald's and other chains begin outsourcing order taking.
- 2006: A Subway in Ohio implements touch-screen drdering in the drive-trud
- 2009: The Burgerville chain opens its drive-thru to bicycists.
Celebrate with a Quarter Pounder and fries!