Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Does Your Leadership Group Function as a TEAM?

I’m not a Raving Fan of NASCAR, but I do follow it from week to week. Since I have lived in the Charlotte area for the past 15 years, I have met many people involved in racing: team owners, drivers, crew chiefs, pit crew members, business team members, associated industry employees, etc. However you measure it, racing is a big deal in our region.

I don’t really have a favorite driver, but I do admire the Hendrick Motorsports organization. Their four drivers may be the most public face of the group, but it’s the organization behind them that gets the job done week in and week out.


The hundreds of mechanics, engineers, technicians, and support personnel contribute thousands of hours each week so their team drivers can have a chance at a win on Sunday. Yes, it’s a business, but it’s more than that: they know the importance of teamwork.

Wouldn’t it be great if the same level of teamwork could be present in the ministries of your church?

No comments: