Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Warming Up at Starbucks

I'm finishing a quick hour of "on the road" office time at my local Starbucks. I'm beginning preparation of a presentation later this year for the NACBA on "Creating An Exceptional Experience" - and am basing it on the Starbucks model. I love research that involves a warm apple fritter and a cafe mocha!

It was about 29 degrees, and I was greeted by the barista with "Good morning - what can we do to warm you up from the inside out - you know, from the heart?" That's a pretty good greeting and is a good example of why churches can learn about hospitality from Starbucks.

I've got to run to conduct some staff interviews at a client, but this has already started out as a great day - I hope yours is too!

1 comment:

Double L said...

Looking forward to NACBA presentation. I'll stop by Starbucks in the morning and do some of my own independent research.