Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Together Tuesday

"Together" was the theme of Catalyst 2008; from the opening worship set to the closing comments by Andy Stanley, the theme resonated throughout the event. Even now, almost three weeks later, Catalyst echoes of "together" are bouncing around in my mind and life.
  • Together Tuesdays - an idea posted on Catalystspace suggests that we meet up with another member of the body and talk about who we are, how God has gifted us and what our passions are. Today I started my Together Tuesdays by meeting a local pastor for lunch to get to know him better and find out what God is up to in our lives. It was great, and I'm looking forward to next week!
  • Catalyst rewind - that's my name for it. Every day I'm listening to a different audio of the Lab sessions as I drive about on business. I even take a few notes now and then (I multi-task really well, even while driving).
  • The great team at Community Christian Church kicked off my Catalyst Experience with their "Discover the Dream" half-day session. I can't get the story of Nansen out of my mind and am asking God to inhabit my dreams for Him.
  • Tribes - Seth Godin's book is making a powerful impact on my life. Already I've created two different tribes in my life, and am working on a couple of more.
  • Catalyst 2009 - that's right, 2009. I'm working on plans to attend along with at least one or two family members.

Together - we are much more effective than alone. Who are you "together" with this week? What new "together" partnership can you make next week?

No comments: