Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Catalyst Roundup, Part 2

Four days after the event has concluded, my head is still spinning, my heart is still resonating with a new beat, and my spirit is still soaring. Evidently, the Catalyst event will do that to you. For another first timer's thoughts, check out Church Solution Editor Karen Butler here. A quick perusal the past couple of days of some of the key leaders' blogs reflects the same excitement and amazement. Even leaders who have been to every Catalyst are saying this has been the best yet. But can the emotion and excitement translate into movement, action, and, most of all, a growing desire to be with, and serve, God. I think it can!

I hope you have had a chance to take a look at the short blogs I posted from the event last week. If not, why don't you drop back and take a look at them now?

My words are inadequate, but I hope you have been able to understand a little bit of the Catalyst event. I will certainly continue to relive the 3 days for a long time to come: Intellectually, because I want to understand what the message from all the leaders is and how it can help our churches; Emotionally, because I want to continue to feel the power of God for us, our woeful inadequateness, and His unconditional love for us; and Experientially, through the CDs and DVDs of all the sessions.

If you are interested in a conversation about Catalyst, drop me a line at badams@jhbatten.com.

I want to close my Catalyst posts with 3 statements from various sources that Andy Stanley ended Catalyst with:

  • To reach people no one else is reaching, we must do things no one else is doing - Craig Groeschel

  • The Next Generation product almost never comes from the previous generation - Al Reis

  • When your memories exceed your dreams, the end is near - Michael Hammer


We can do much more together than we can on our own.

No comments: