At Le Bernardin, one of New York's premier four-star restaurants, excellence happens best when it's not seen at all. A meal there is usually so relaxed and gracious, it's hard to imagine the military precision with which the dining room is run.
- Before meals, the area is prepared according to checklist
- During meals, all staff adhere to strict training guidelines
- A florist makes a daily flower change on all the tables
- Silver and flatware get a weekly polish in a burnishing machine
- The concept of "mise en place" - put in place – extends to the dining room as well as kitchen
Can you say the same about your organization and its interactions with guests?