Mark Sanborn's "The Encore Effect" is filled with helpful ideas on becoming a presenter who effectively communicates his message to the audience, causing them to call for an encore.
Here are Sanborn's methods for moving into that rare atmosphere of the Top 5%:
- Find out things about your audience they won't imagine you could know
- Anticipate every question your audience might raise and formulate a strong answer
- Rehearse every problem that might arise
- Know more about your competitor's products, features, and benefits than they do
- Become the expert in your field
- Through your appearance and demeanor, give your performance a level of gravitas that your audience won't forget
- Give your audience more than one reason to invite you back
Anyone who comes into contact with other people - in your organization or outside it - needs to know how to be a Top 5 performer.
The curtain is coming up - it's showtime!