Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Chazown

My seminary experience didn't include Greek or Hebrew (officially anyway, but that's another story). My daughter is taking Greek now and loves it, so I always have a ready reference. I know enough that to really get behind the ideas the biblical writers were trying to convey, you have to look at words in the original language.

Such is the case with the Hebrew word "chazown" - vision. Craig Groeschel's book by the same name is proving to be very instructive in my pursuit of the concept of vision. Here's a sample:

Four Gifts

  1. The vision God gives you will bring focus to your life
  2. With vision also comes endurance
  3. Vision brings peace
  4. True vision brings great passion

When you get a vision for what God has in mind for your life, things change.

A lot.

Catalyst Countdown: 2 days...

No comments: