It's very easy to slide into a cloud of despair over what's going on in the world today. We all are facing potential impacts on our lives as our country struggles with economic uncertainty. There are a lot of things we can't change, but there are some things we can change - our own perceptions and attitudes.
Courtesy of smileandmove.com, here are some uplifting thoughts for you today. They were intended to use as part of a sales management training process, but I think they are very relevant to all of us - Enjoy!
How to Smile
- Wake up - show others you care by giving attention to their needs
- Be thankful - the opportunity to serve is a gift...not an entitlement
- Be approachable - We're at each other's service and contact is where it starts
- Complain less - we've got work to do
- Smile. Really - it's where pleasantness begins
How to Move
- Start early and go long - get lost in your service to others
- Exceed expectations - dismiss mediocrity; expect more from yourself
- Have a sense of urgency - predict and pre-sweat the details for others
- Be resourceful and resilient - service is about giving someone what they need...no matter what
Smile - be happy!
Move - do something!