Friday, February 20, 2009

Church Solutions Wrap-Up

The 2009 Church Solutions Conference wrapped up early today-it has been a great week in Phoenix. A few closing thoughts:
  • My deep appreciation to the Church Solutions staff: they know how to run a good conference! Publisher Katherine Kennedy, Group Editor Karen Butler, and Education Coordinator Amy Reed were everywhere at once, making sure everything was just right. As a frequent speaker at national conferences, I really appreciate their passion and dedication to their job. Thank you, ladies, for another superb event!
  • There were 30 presentation slots, full of great content and gifted speakers. I could only be in one place at a time, but I overheard lots of good comments about the presentations. It's great to be a part of a group that believes in sharing their knowledge and experience for the church at large.
  • Church leaders from around the country were soaking up more than just the sunny Phoenix weather - they were fully engaged in the presentations, ready to take the knowledge gleaned back to their own turf, put it into their context, and give it a try.
  • Keynote speakers John Jenkins and Jerry Colangelo gave inspiring talks to the crowd - and the crowd responded with enthusiasm.
  • The expo hall had a good mix of vendors who were eager to interact with conference participants, listening and explaining their services and products.
  • The NACDB, of which my company is a proud charter member, seemed to be everywhere. Our association had a good turnout for the annual meeting on Monday, and most of those stayed for the conference the rest of the week. Our members were front and center in the education sessions, taking notes and asking questions, all to better help their church clients back in their home areas.

I will be reviewing my notes and gathering some notes from friends, and hope to post some of the best "Learnings" over the next few weeks.

I'm ready to head back to Charlotte to family and friends - I only wish I could take the sunny weather with me!

No comments: