Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Discovering the Dreams God Has for You

My Catalyst 2008 experience actually began with a Pre-Lab event called “Discover the Dream”, by Dave Ferguson and the team at Community Christian Church in Naperville, IL. Using the real-life story of Norwegian explorer Fridtjof Nansen, they illustrated a seven step process to discovering the dream God has for us. Read more about that here.

As I look back, this session became the key that unlocked the power of the dream within me. It wasn’t a single event, but began a process that has been reinforced multiple times since that day. The Scriptural roots are in Ephesians 2:10 – God has prepared a specific dream for each of us, and we need to be moving toward it. The questions we need to ask?

  • If I could do anything for God, I would…
  • What barriers keep me from that dream?
  • Is there a certain people, place, or passion God is calling me to?

Once you begin to answer those questions, you will find that discovering God’s dream begins to change things:

  • You, and the questions you ask
  • People around you
  • The world!

I am asking those questions, and I am earnestly seeking God’s dream. What about you?

No comments: